Carolyn Dean MD ND | Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Eczema is a chronic skin condition that can range from wet blisters to dry flakes. It is usually itchy and can occur on any surface of the body. It is most commonly associated with allergies from contact or foods, and is usually aggravated by stress.
First, you must track down the allergic factor by avoiding and challenging soaps, clothes, jewelry, and certain foods. For children, pay particular attention to dust and dust mites as a possible cause.
You must also investigate and treat yeast overgrowth, especially if eczema develops after taking antibiotics. Yeast overgrowth on the skin or yeast toxins from intestinal yeast overgrowth can cause or aggravate any skin condition.
The medical treatment for eczema is cortisone cream. Using cortisone creams for eczema, however, merely suppresses symptoms; it also stimulates more yeast and fungal
* Avoid showers, because they strip the acid mantle of the skin.
* Use two ounces of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of bath oil or a cotton pouch of oatmeal in your bath.
* Use coconut oil as a body lotion.
* Dry indoor air is bad for eczema; use a humidifier and external creams and lotions from organic sources.
* Avoid wool and use cotton clothing.
* Use dust mite mattress and pillow covers, and launder sheets and pillowcases frequently.
* Do several rinse cycles on your laundry and don’t use scented antistatic products in the dryer.
* Make sure the soap you use does not irritate the skin. Use a neutral pH soap like castile ‐ made from olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil.
* Remove carpeting, stuffed toys, and vacuum frequently.
* To remove toxins (yeast, heavy metals, radiation) that may be causing eczema use clay baths from LL’s Magnetic Clay. Start with the “Natural Clay.” Blend 1/4 to 1/2 cup of clay in your blender with 32oz of water and pour that into your hot water foot bath or tub. Soak for 30 min and shower off. Do a bath or footbath at least three times a week, more if you have time.
* Essential fatty acids: Choose one high in DHA for children and high in EFA for adults. Dosage: follow the label for children; adults, 2‐3,000 mg daily.
* Evening primrose oil and/or borage oil: Both provide essential omega‐6 fatty acids and support the immune system. Dosage: 1,000 mg twice daily.
Take EFAs with meals and avoid water with your meals so that fats and oils in your food will be absorbed properly. Water in the stomach along with oil will cause the oil globules to combine together in an oil puddle, which the body will have trouble absorbing.
* Vitamin D. Current research shows that most people require at lease 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 per day.
* Zinc: Choose an angstrom‐sized liquid mineral product. Take one dose twice daily.
Consult a homeopath or naturopath to find a homeopathic remedy suited to your condition.
*Excerpted and edited from my Future Health Now Encyclopedia eBook.
NOTE: If cortisone has been used for a long time before switching to natural remedies, the skin may go through an aggravation or worsening before getting better.
LISTEN to “Live! with Dr. Carolyn Dean”, Monday’s 4-6pm PST on Achieve Radio. Hear archived recordings at 2012 RnA Radio.
MY HEALTH LIBRARY: Visit my Organized Wisdom Health Library where you will find hundreds of written, audio and video files for your wellbeing.
YOUR HEALTH PROGRAM: To keep healthy join my Completement Now! Online Wellness Program. Email me for a discount (instead of $240, pay only $150.) To stay well or recover your health begin with magnesium. Read my Magnesium Miracle book first. To get well if you have existing health problems, read my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. To know why our health has been stolen from us, read Death by Modern Medicine: Seeking Safe Solutions.
P.S. The Kovacs Perspective Internet Radio Show – Guest: Dr. Carolyn Dean, Author of “The Magnesium Miracle” Live Interview May 25th 9PM EST.
Tune in to the Live Show here: http://thekovacsperspective.com/ Call in line: 1-888-572-0141
P.P.S. I’ve changed the name of my wellness program to Completement Now! signifying grateful acceptance that we are all “complete” where we are but we are ready for more! In that way we can approach lifestyle change from a place of strength not from lack.
RECOMMENDATIONS: For a complete list go to my Resources. I recommend ReMag, my own magnesium product and Natural Calm magnesium, a well absorbed multiple mineral, ReMyte.
NOTE: Only you can know if something is helping you. If you don’t feel well on a supposed beneficial product, listen to your body and stop taking it! Knowing when to Not take something is a big part of taking responsibility for your health!
P.P.P.P.S. I cannot answer personal health questions by email. However, please send general questions that I may be able to answer in my blog. But first, google my name with the condition you are inquiring about and see if I’ve already addressed it somewhere on the web.