A question came in from a reader who asked about his daughter. She is a preteen with asthma and severe eczema.
1. My first recommendation for asthma and eczema is to avoid sugar, wheat and dairy.
2. Use magnesium in the form of magnesium bath flakes, powders or Epsom salts and magnesium oil sprayed on the skin. You can also take magnesium by mouth. See my magnesium supplement recommendations under Resources on my website.
3. I also recommend extra virgin coconut oil as a daily skin lotion plus few teaspoons (for children) and a few TBSP (for adults) taken orally for its antifungal and anti-inflammatory action. See my blog of June 10, 2011.
4. Add Prescript Assist, the soil-based probiotic that I talked about in my June 20, 2011 blog. By bringing the body’s good bacteria back into balance, bad bacteria and yeast are minimized along with their potential to cause or worsen asthma and eczema.
5. Magnetic clay can be used if you suspect eczema and asthma are due to toxicity. See my blogs on clay used for detox and clay used for radiation. In many chronic conditions multiple drugs have been used creating an unacceptable level of toxicity in the body. Blend up 1/4 to 1/2 cup of clay in your blender with 32oz of water and pour that into your hot water foot bath or tub. Soak for 30 min and shower off. Do a bath or footbath at least three times a week.
6. Nascent Iodine is a low dose iodine product that can be safely taken to support the thyroid. Review this excellent power point lecture on iodine with three leading iodine doctors discussing the prevalence of iodine deficiency and the importance of iodine treatment.
Iodine is an essential mineral for thyroid function. Using 24-hr urine tests for iodine I never found anyone who had adequate iodine. The thyroid has many functions, which include the health of the skin and mucus membranes of the bronchial tubes.
There is a simple test you can do to see whether or not you need to continue taking iodine. Before bed, paint the sole of your foot with 2 drops of iodine. If in the morning the iodine is absorbed completely, with no color remaining, this means you are absorbing iodine because you need it. Do this test two weeks to see if the drops are still being absorbed.
On the same page as Prescript Assist you will find magnesium oil, magnetic clay and Nascent Iodine.
As I write this blog it’s obvious to me that the above recommendations fit dozens of health conditions and provide very simple strategies for you to regain your health and to stay healthy.
LISTEN to “Live! with Dr. Carolyn Dean”, Monday’s 4-6pm PST on Achieve Radio. Hear archived recordings at 2012 RnA Radio.
MY HEALTH LIBRARY: Visit my Organized Wisdom Health Library where you will find hundreds of written, audio and video files for your wellbeing.
YOUR HEALTH PROGRAM: To keep healthy join my Completement Now! Online Wellness Program. Email me for a discount (instead of $240, pay only $150.) To stay well or recover your health begin with magnesium. Read my Magnesium Miracle book first. To get well if you have existing health problems, read my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. To know why our health has been stolen from us, read Death by Modern Medicine: Seeking Safe Solutions.
RECOMMENDATIONS: For a complete list go to my Resources. I recommend ReMag, my own magnesium product and Natural Calm magnesium, a well absorbed multiple mineral, ReMyte.
NOTE: Only you can know if something is helping you. If you don’t feel well on a supposed beneficial product, listen to your body and stop taking it! Knowing when to Not take something is a big part of taking responsibility for your health!
P.P.S. I cannot answer personal health questions by email. However, please send general questions that I may be able to answer in my blog. But first, google my name with the condition you are inquiring about and see if I’ve already addressed it somewhere on the web.