I’m asked all the time to recommend healthy snacks. So, here’s a nice email I just received from my friend Dr. Roby Mitchell that I’d like to share with you. The baker’s dozen list comes complete with a picture that you can see here.
“At home, work, or on the go, it’s important to not let yourself be sabotaged by hunger. A hungry brain is more vulnerable to bad choices.
1. Sea Cruncies are seaweed baked to a crisp. Excellent source of iodine. Eat them like chips.
2. Beanitos served with spicy guacamole.
3. The “Pepper Medley” is great to use to dip hummus. (A variety of green, red and yellow peppers.)
4. Wild sardines are a great source of fish oil.
5. Dried black currants look like raisins but are very different. Black currants are very high in antifungals(phenolics/anthocyanidins). The white grapes used to make raisins are not.
6. Add lemon to honey-flavored Greek yogurt to make a dessert that is better than key lime pie.
7. Wild Amazonian peanuts are also high in antifungals unlike those used to make most peanut products.
8. Pumpkin seeds are highly nutritious and promote healthy breasts and prostates.
9. Low sodium chicken broth can be used alone (15 calories) or to make a soup. You can even add a scoop of whey protein.
10. For breakfast, grind golden flaxseed and add blueberries and yogurt.
11. Paste almond butter on cut-up apples.
12. Spice dark pumpkin seeds with rosemary, oregano and cilantro.
13. Pistachio nuts are probably the most healthful you can eat. Get the low salt, unshelled ones.
Gradually restock your pantry so that you can only make healthful choices.”
Go to Roby’s website for more information on what exciting things he’s doing in his world. (www.drfitt.com)
Staying healthy is your best defense against doctor’s prescriptions. In the month of September, for the bargain of a lifetime join Kathi Casey’s “Ultimate Back Care Summit – Natural Healing with 7 Masters” where you can sign up for my 2-year, Completement Now! lifestyle program. It’s only $97.00 instead of $240.00. With Kathi’s offer, you get all 104 modules for less than a dollar apiece! It’s an incredible deal for a life-changing product.
LISTEN to “Live! with Dr. Carolyn Dean”, Monday’s 4-6pm PST on Achieve Radio. Hear archived recordings at 2012 RnA Radio.
MY HEALTH LIBRARY: Visit my Organized Wisdom Health Library where you will find hundreds of written, audio and video files for your wellbeing.
YOUR HEALTH PROGRAM: To keep healthy join my Completement Now! Online Wellness Program. Email me for a discount (instead of $240, pay only $150.) To stay well or recover your health begin with magnesium. Read my Magnesium Miracle book first. To get well if you have existing health problems, read my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. To know why our health has been stolen from us, read Death by Modern Medicine: Seeking Safe Solutions.
RECOMMENDATIONS: For a complete list go to my Resources. I recommend ReMag, my own magnesium product and Natural Calm magnesium, a well absorbed multiple mineral, ReMyte.
NOTE: Only you can know if something is helping you. If you don’t feel well on a supposed beneficial product, listen to your body and stop taking it! Knowing when to Not take something is a big part of taking responsibility for your health!
P.P.S. I cannot answer personal health questions by email. However, please send general questions that I may be able to answer in my blog. But first, google my name with the condition you are inquiring about and see if I’ve already addressed it somewhere on the web.