The first bit of advice is to Stay At home!
A cold or flu is your body telling you that you’re run down and you need to rest. It’s also an indication that you may be toxic.
Here are some remedies (it’s not an exhaustive list) that you can take if you are getting or if you have a cold. I’ll do another blog on how to prevent colds and flus.
You don’t have to “drown” in all these remedies, just take 2-3 that appeal to you or ones you already have in your cupboard.
1. Take the homeopathic Oscillococcinum at the first signs of a cold or flu. Some people use it when they travel, are in crowds, or throughout the flu season on a weekly basis.
2. Vitamin C: Dosage: 1,000 mg every 1‐2 hours while awake can cut the duration of a cold or flu by several days.
3. Zinc: Choose a chelated product. Dosage 25 mg, take two per day. Or use zinc lozenges.
4. Garlic: Place a small clove or half a clove of garlic in your mouth and let it sit without chewing through the day and night. Swallow with water when it becomes macerated and replace. Stop if the inside of your mouth becomes irritated.
5. Drink Sage tea for cough (steep twenty minutes).
6. Drink Fenugreek tea for mucus (steep five minutes).
7. Use Wild Oregano oil, Garlic, or Echinacea herbal antibiotics as tincture, tablets, or teas at least three times a day.
8. Mullein and Lobelia are for chest congestion, 1/2 teaspoon each in hot water three times a day. These herbs can also be used as a chest poultice for pleurisy, pneumonia, or bronchitis.
9. Detox: Use Clay Detox Baths. Start with the “Natural Clay.” Blend up 1/4 to 1/2 cup of clay in your blender with 32oz of water and pour that into your hot water foot bath or tub. Soak for 30 min and shower off. Add Magnesium Flakes for further cleansing and muscle relaxation.
SPECIAL OFFER. Extended until October 15, 2011, for the bargain of a lifetime join Kathi Casey’s “Ultimate Back Care Summit – Natural Healing with 7 Masters” where you can sign up for my 2-year, Completement Now! program. It’s only $97.00 instead of $240.00. For a short time only and for a limited number of new members, with Kathi’s offer, you get all 104 modules for less than a dollar apiece! It’s an incredible deal for a life-changing product.
LISTEN to “Live! with Dr. Carolyn Dean”, Monday’s 4-6pm PST on Achieve Radio. Hear archived recordings at 2012 RnA Radio.
MY HEALTH LIBRARY: Visit my Organized Wisdom Health Library where you will find hundreds of written, audio and video files for your wellbeing.
YOUR HEALTH PROGRAM: To keep healthy join my Completement Now! Online Wellness Program. Email me for a discount (instead of $240, pay only $150.) To stay well or recover your health begin with magnesium. Read my Magnesium Miracle book first. To get well if you have existing health problems, read my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. To know why our health has been stolen from us, read Death by Modern Medicine: Seeking Safe Solutions.
RECOMMENDATIONS: For a complete list go to my Resources. I recommend ReMag, my own magnesium product and Natural Calm magnesium, a well absorbed multiple mineral, ReMyte.
NOTE: Only you can know if something is helping you. If you don’t feel well on a supposed beneficial product, listen to your body and stop taking it! Knowing when to Not take something is a big part of taking responsibility for your health!
P.P.S. I cannot answer personal health questions by email. However, please send general questions that I may be able to answer in my blog. But first, google my name with the condition you are inquiring about and see if I’ve already addressed it somewhere on the web.