A Danish study ADHD Meds Tied to Cardio Risk found that the drugs given to kids for ADHD can double the risk of heart disease.
Kids with an ADHD diagnosis increased from 7.8% in 2003 to 9.5% in 2007 and to 11.0% in 2011. In the age group of all children 4-17 years, prescriptions for ADHD drugs increased from 4.8% in 2007 to 6.1% in 2011.
I was pretty hyper when I was a kid, but my parents channeled all that energy into a paper route, sports, girl guides and every possible group at church and school.
Why was I hyper? I ate a lot of sugar and I also had magnesium deficiency. I’d get terrible leg and back cramps that “came out of the blue” and were attributed to me lifting and carrying too much and racing around like a maniac. I could outrun everyone in my school but I refused to go out for track because it was too boring.
I think most kids with ADHD have magnesium deficiency, low thyroid function and toxicity. When they are forced to take medication to suppress their so-called ADHD symptoms they just get more more toxic and develop more magnesium deficiency because that’s what drugs do. And doctors don’t know anything about magnesium deficiency, how to treat low thyroid and toxicity.
1. Magnesium deficiency – 80% of the population is deficient, that includes kids.
2. Low thyroid – most women today have low thyroid function and pass that onto their kids. By the second pregnancy a woman’s thyroid is usually quite low.
3. Toxicity – from vaccines, a fast food diet, air, food and water pollution.
The treatment protocol I recommend to my clients includes the following instead of drugs:
1. Start with ReMag, magnesium. The dosage is 1/3 to 1/2 the adult dose.
2. ReMyte, multiple mineral with 9 minerals that support the thyroid; including zinc for the immune system, chromium for the pancreas, selenium for growth pains. The dosage is 1/3 to 1/2 the adult dose.
3. ReAline, with its sulfur-based amino acids precursors to glutathione the natural chelator and detoxifier of the body. And it’s methylated B vitamins.
4. RnA Drops, at a dose of 1 drop twice a day under the tongue to help make perfect cells. You can also put a drop or two at the base of the skull for brain balancing.
5. Epsom salts and Clay baths.
Blend ½ cup of clay in a blender with water and put in the bath along with 1-2 cups of Epsom salts.
6. A yeast free diet avoiding sugar, gluten and dairy. This is the most difficult part of the protocol for parents to implement with their kids.
7. Prescript Assist probiotic. http://www.magneticclay.com/123.html
SUMMITS: In my 7th Summit for 2014, I did a wonderful interview with Michele Greenman about the Completement Formulas and how they assist weight loss and body balance. Sign up for the Smart Woman’s Guide to Weight Loss, which will launch in August.
Sign up for the Body Black Belt Summit. During my interview on July 19, 2014, I talk about the Completement Formulas and achieving perfect health.
RECOMMENDATIONS: For a complete list go to my Resources. I recommend ReMag, my own magnesium product and Natural Calm magnesium, a well absorbed multiple mineral, ReMyte. Download Invisible Minerals Part I and Part II about ReMag and ReMyte in the FAQs.
LISTEN to “Live! with Dr. Carolyn Dean”, Monday’s 4-6pm PST on Achieve Radio. Hear archived recordings at 2012 RnA Radio.
MY HEALTH LIBRARY: Visit my Organized Wisdom Health Library where you will find hundreds of written, audio and video files for your wellbeing.
YOUR HEALTH PROGRAM: To keep healthy join my Completement Now! Online Wellness Program. Email me for a discount (instead of $240, pay only $150.) To stay well or recover your health begin with magnesium. Read my Magnesium Miracle book first. To get well if you have existing health problems, read my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. To know why our health has been stolen from us, read Death by Modern Medicine: Seeking Safe Solutions.
NOTE: Only you can know if something is helping you. If you don’t feel well on a supposed beneficial product, listen to your body and stop taking it! Knowing when to Not take something is a big part of taking responsibility for your health.
WARNING: This blog is not to be misconstrued as medical advice. It’s up to you to make the decisions about your own health. I have zero staff and I cannot answer personal health questions by email. However, please send general questions that I may be able to answer in my blog. But first, google my name with the condition you are inquiring about and see if I’ve already addressed it somewhere on the web.