No matter how you look at this election, no matter who you voted for, or didn’t vote for, half the people in the country are not happy. But don’t reach for anti-anxiety medication or antidepressants. What you really need is magnesium!
If you’ve been blowing off steam on social media or marching in the streets, you’re bound to be burning off your magnesium! That volatility, irritability, and angst are only heightened by magnesium deficiency. Also, if you’ve been glued to your TV or computer for the last few days, you’re probably not eating properly, not drinking your sea-salted water, or taking your ReMag and ReMyte. Or you may be elated about the results and the same magnesium burn out can occur and the same distraction from your daily routine. Above all, don’t get stuck in post-election emotions – either up or down – because of the magnesium drain they cause.
I’m not saying that the Total Body ReSet formulas will change the outside world, but there is no question that they will change your world. If coping with the new environment is what you need, then ReSet formulas will help. Or it just as easily could be that you feel the new environment is keeping up with your ascension and you are in charge. If that’s the case, then you must be taking your ReSet formulas and more power to you. Below are several excerpts from my Magnesium Miracle book:
“THREE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MAGNESIUM, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION
1. Magnesium supports our adrenal glands, which are overworked by stress leading to combined magnesium deficiency symptoms and adrenal exhaustion symptoms of anxiety, depression, muscle weakness, fatigue, eye twitches, insomnia, anorexia, apathy, apprehension, poor memory, confusion, anger, nervousness, and rapid pulse.
2. Serotonin, the “feel-good” brain chemical that is artificially boosted by Prozac, depends on magnesium for its production and function.
3. Magnesium deficiency has been strongly linked to sleep disorders, which can either cause or increase anxiety.”
“Adrenal Fatigue: Adrenal fatigue follows after a time of chronic stress, anxiety, and panic attacks and it seems to be occurring in epidemic proportions. Adrenaline, noradrenaline, and cortisol (elevated in chronic stress) deplete magnesium. Stress causes excess elimination of magnesium through the urine, further compounding magnesium deficiency. Stress is such an overworked word, but we all suffer physical, emotional, and mental stress every day, and every bit of it drains magnesium.”
“Anxiety and panic attacks: When the adrenals are no longer protected by sufficient magnesium, the fight-or-flight hormones, adrenaline and noradrenaline become more easily triggered. When they surge erratically, they cause a rapid pulse, high blood pressure, and heart palpitations. The more magnesium-deficient you are, the more exaggerated is the adrenaline response. Magnesium calms the nervous system, relaxes muscle tension, and lowers the pulse rate, helping to reduce anxiety and panic attacks.”
“If the stress continues and we don’t rest or replace our magnesium between episodes, our magnesium stores become depleted. Then, when you are faced with the next stressor, your stress hormones (adrenalin and cortisol) don’t activate your magnesium reserves with a calming effect. Instead, adrenalin revs up your heart rate, elevates your blood pressure, and tenses your muscles in a fight or flight reaction.
Millions of people try unsuccessfully to cope with their problems or medicate their stress with overeating, cigarettes, alcohol, street drugs, and other addictive behaviors to suppress their pain. We are a nation suffering a 32 percent incidence of anxiety, depression, and drug problems. Instead of treating stress reactions properly with magnesium, each year millions of people are introduced to the merry-go-round of psychiatric drugs and psychological counseling for symptoms that may in fact be rooted in magnesium deficiency.
You’re stressed out, not sleeping, tense, and irritable and you don’t know that simply taking a good magnesium supplement could pull you out of that downward spiral.”
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®
NOTE: My Better Beyond 50 Summit interview airs tomorrow, Thursday, November 11th.
- Better Beyond 50 Summit with Melissa Koerner runs from Nov 6 to Nov 15, 2016, Encore day is Nov 17. My talk airs Nov 11th.
- Gut Health Turn Around Summit with Leah Kline launches Nov 1, 2016 and runs until Nov 21st. My talk is on Nov 3rd.
- Free and Fearless Mind: Change your Brain. Shift your Mind. Step into your Power, Joy & Purpose with Neuro Nutrition Therapist & Health Coach, Leah Lund launches Oct 31st and my talk airs Nov 13th.
- The Healthy Mom Summit with Hannah Hepworth launches Nov 7, 2016 and runs until Nov 16, with Encore days from Nov 17-19. My talk is on Nov 11 but will be freely available through Nov 19th!
RESOURCES: On my website along the borders and in the links you can find my books, writings, radio show, and products. If you have any questions about your health and my products, you can access my amazing Customer Service team at support@RnAReSet.com.