To keep this blog brief and to the point let me simply edit an excerpt from my Future Health Now Encyclopedia on treating diabetes.
A suitable diet for the prevention and treatment of adult onset diabetes includes:
1. Protein: wild salmon, free range chicken and free range beef or lamb.
2. Complex carbohydrates (whole grains, legumes, and vegetables).
3. The avoidance of simple sugars and white flour.
4. Stevia, from the leaves of a plant that grows in South America; Just Like Sugar™, and xylitol are the best sweeteners to use. None of them affect blood glucose so they are safe to use in diabetes. You can find it in health food stores.
5. Don’t use the sugar substitute, aspartame, which can worsen blood sugar control and cause weight gain, headaches, nerve damage, and eye damage, because it is made partly from wood alcohol, which breaks down to formaldehyde.
6. Emphasize fiber from oat bran, flaxseed, and apples which all have a positive effect on keeping blood sugar balanced.
I also suggest that you try to identify possible allergies by eliminating likely suspects (dairy, wheat, corn) from the diet for several days and then eating several meals of one of the suspected foods in one day and see how you feel. Better yet, do a blood test or finger stick for glucose levels. If your blood sugar is elevated after eating a particular food, avoid it.
* ReMag: Picometer-ionic magnesium is the most effective way to achieve therapeutic levels of magnesium. ReMag is absorbed at the cellular level and does not have a laxative effect. To follow your magnesium levels, get a Magnesium RBC Test and aim for an optimum level of 6.0-6.5mg/dL.
Take one dose 3-4 times per day.
* ReMyte: This is an effective formula for metabolic syndrome addressing inflammation, tissue integrity, and cell membrane stability. This unique formula contains picometer‐sized minerals including chromium, zinc, copper, selenium, calcium, potassium, boron, manganese, molybdenum and iodine.
Take one dose twice daily.
* Choose a food-based organic product. 1. Vitamin B complex: Dosage: One tablet twice daily. Use the code: gbn123 for a 20% discount. 2. Vitality B: For a 40% discount enter the code magnesium-miracle.
* Choose a food-based organic product. 1. Vitamin C Complex: Choose a food‐based organic product. Dosage: One tablet twice per day. Use the code: gbn123 for a 20% discount. 2. Vitality C: For a 40% discount enter the code magnesium-miracle.
* Omega 3 fatty acids: from fish oil and flaxseed oil: Choose a mercury‐free source of fish oil. Dosage: 2‐3,000 mg daily.
* Garlic: Eat one or two cloves daily
For more on diabetes and 133 other conditions, a homeopathic formulary and other natural medicine advice, see my eBook or Kindle book: Future Health Now Encyclopedia. Remember, you’re best defense against disease is to stay healthy!
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. Email your questions to: email@example.com.