Wednesday May 6, 2015, my video interview with Terry Sobon is coming up on her exclusive Beautiful, Sexy, Badass Over 40 Telesummit that launches today May 4th. It’s an 11-day, 20+ interview event featuring health experts, lifestyle and business experts, fitness gurus, holistic living specialists, and best-selling authors.
In that interview I talk about the importance of hydration and mineralization of the body. That topic flows directly into my Dr. Carolyn Dean Live radio show today. My topic is Recognizing Toxicity Symptoms. Many women do not realize that puberty, PMS, pregnancy, breastfeeding, perimenopause and menopause can be times of toxicity as well as hormonal shifts. I was inspired by a Mom who became very ill after weaning her child. I actually received two similar emails within a few days. One Mom wrote:
“I recently weaned my 2-year old from breastfeeding. I have been pregnant or nursing a baby for nearly 5.5 years with a 4-month break. When I weaned him, I had pretty severe physical symptoms, so I searched the Internet to see if other mothers had similar symptoms. I found a blog with mothers who had similar symptoms. The following is a list of symptoms:
* Uncontrolled weeping (think PMS-AMPLIFIED–and for weeks rather than days)
* Heavy sense of despair
* Inability to cope
* Intense feelings of anger and frustration (this is VERY rare for me and was my wake up call that something abnormal was going on)
* Canker sores
* Numbness and tingling in the arms and shoulders
* Swollen lymph nodes in the back of my neck and head
* Ocular migraine
* Sweating and hot flashes alternating with chills, like a fever, usually at night, and probably responsible for much of the insomnia
* A low fever of about 99.8 degrees on and off, probably responsible for that heating and cooling symptoms I’ve had
* A rash, possibly heat rash related to the above few points
* Hip pain like in the last few weeks of pregnancy
* Other then the side effects I’m experiencing above, other women report nausea, vomiting, fatigue, acne, anxiety, and back pain.
Note: while some women report acne problems, they report acne treatment works well for them. For fatigue, try modifying your sleep schedule, and for nausea, stay hydrated.
In your practice, have you seen mothers experience these symptoms? Could an underlying magnesium deficiency be masked by the lactation hormones, prolactin and oxytocin, to the point where the symptoms don’t appear until breastfeeding is over? This appears to be a subject, post weaning changes of mothers, that the medical community hasn’t researched, probably because there is no money in it.”
Pretty dramatic symptoms aren’t they. Well, I had never heard of such a case before but I “Knew” right away what might be happening. When you stop breast feeding your body loses an outlet for toxins to be released! Of course researchers who recognize this association believe that the benefits of breast feeding outweigh the risks of making the baby toxic. Even pregnancy can make you feel much better because the baby’s liver is taking over some of the detox work from the Mom.
That’s why, in my Hormone Balance book I recommend that mothers-to-be should be detoxing before getting pregnant.
Our young mother is also right, there is a degree of magnesium deficiency related to many of the symptoms and there is a shift in hormones when you wean your child. There are also other minerals involved – zinc deficiency contributes to post partum depression and post weaning depression.
I did find several articles online about post weaning depression but they focuse on the loss of oxytocin, stupidly called “the love hormone”, as if its loss would make you feel unloved! Even hip Mom websites have you rushing off to see a psychiatrist to get a prescription for an antidepressant. Let’s rename this “condition” for what it really is: post weaning toxicity, post weaning magnesium deficiency, or post weaning mineral deficiency.
What’s the treatment? You know what I’m going to say: hydration, sea/Himalayan salt, ReAline, ReMag, ReMyte and RnA Drops and here’s the protocol.
TOTAL BODY RESET FORMULAS PROTOCOL
1. While waiting for your products to arrive, begin hydrating your body by increasing water intake and adding sea salt.
Water Intake Guidelines: ½ your body weight (in pounds) in ounces of water. If you weigh 150 lbs you will drink 75 ounces.
Sea salt – 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt in every quart of drinking water – to one of those bottles add you ReMag and ReMyte.
2. When the products arrive, begin ReAline capsules to assist in detoxing/taking out the trash. Dosage: 1 per day with or without meals for 1 week then take 1 capsule twice a day.
3. After 4 days of ReAline add ReMag – Start with ¼ tsp per day in a bottle of water and sip through the day. Every 2 days add another ¼ tsp. Work up to a therapeutic dose of 2-3 tsp a day if you are trying to overcome a health condition, if you are on medications or otherwise have magnesium deficiency symptoms.
The ReMag and ReMyte bottles each contain 8 ounces = 48 tsp
4. After a week of slowly building up ReMag, slowly add ReMyte – Start with ¼ tsp per day in a bottle of water and sip through the day. Every 2 days add another ¼ tsp. Work up to 1.5 tsp.
5. After 2 weeks of ReAline, ReMag and ReMyte – add RnA Drops. Dosage: 1 drop under the tongue twice a day. Add 1-2 drops every week until you reach 10 drops twice a day, which is the average dose. Of course, you can begin with RnA Drops alone or add it at any time in your Total Body ReSet formula protocol. However, some people like to do things in sequence
You can also google my name and detox and find several blogs about detoxing that include clay baths and Epsom salt baths.
Be sure and pass this information along to would-be mothers who may not realize the need to prepare their body for the incredible gift of carrying a child.
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future™
SUMMITS: May 4th: Terry Sobon invited me to speak at her exclusive Beautiful, Sexy, Badass Over 40 Telesummit that launches May 4, 2015. It’s an 11-day, 20+ interview event featuring health experts, lifestyle and business experts, fitness gurus, holistic living specialists, and best-selling authors.
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.