My More Life Summit interview with Gregory Ann Cox launches Oct 19, 2015. It was a lot of fun. I got to rant about my med school days and shared some of my more exciting escapades. It was good to commiserate with a kindred spirit. Gregory Ann “designed the summit to connect people to what’s possible as we age: good health, a vibrant mind, energy to do all we still want to do. To dispel the myths that disease and decline are simply by-products of aging. And to introduce the participants to people I believe are voices of truth as opposed to a world of marketing BS.”
Gregory Ann encourages people to take charge of their own healthcare and opens them up to the possibility of vibrant health. Gregory Ann wanted her experts to address the causes of aging; how to prevent damage to an aging brain and an aging heart; and how to prevent hypothyroidism that occurs in 1 out of every 4 menopausal women.
In my interview, I presented the tools that I use – my free online newsletter; my Completement Now Online Wellness Program; my Total Body ReSet formulas that give you energy and vibrant health. The formulas prevent aging by nourishing the body at a cellular level; they keep the brain young; protect our bones from osteoporosis; and support the thyroid and the heart.
While we are creating this revolution in health, what is medicine offering? Medicine is trying to redefine itself with a new name and just adding to the confusion. They are calling what doctors do, Personalized Medicine, Precision Medicine or Individualized Medicine. They are all the same thing but none of the names convey their true, hidden meaning.
Precision Medicine defines what drugs we should take by analyzing our genetic makeup. Medicine will never give up its drugs they say it’s now much more scientific and call it Pharmacogenomics. This relatively new field combines pharmacology (the science of drugs) and genomics (the study of genes and their functions) to develop effective, safe medications and doses that will be tailored to variations in a person’s genes. Sounds hi tech and sophisticated, but it’s still the same drugs in the same bottles with the same warning labels and side effects.
Instead of working with diet, exercise and key nutrients, Medicine is playing the genetics card. However, they are totally missing the epigenetic factor. Epigenetics means the environment around genes that turns genes on or off. The biggest epigenetic trigger for genes is magnesium. When magnesium is deficient, genes may not act normally and this leads to the expression of gene mutations. But it’s not the fault of the genes; it’s the fault of nutrient deficiencies.
Please join me on the More Life Summit for much more!
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future™
SUMMITS: Websites will be added as the Summits come online.
1. Rewire Your Brain Summit with Marna Thall launches Oct 5, 2015, my interview is Oct 9.
2. Female Fat Loss Summit with Dr Kellee Rutley launches Oct 5, 2015 – my interview is Oct 7.
3. No More Muffin Top Summit with Elle Lakovenko launches Oct 5-Oct 21.
4. The More Life Summit with Gregory Ann Cox launches Oct 19, 2015.
5. The Gut Health Turn Around Series with Health Coach, Leah Kline. Airs Nov 1st -21st. The interviews will be free throughout the whole series.
6. Create Your Badass Life: Unleash The Power Of Your Mind, Body And Spirit To Create A Life You Love” with Terry Sobon. Going live November 16th, 2015.
7. The Sexy Summit: Simple Secrets for Living Your Most Vibrant, Healthy & Sexy Life with Christi Cass launches Nov 16.
8. Kick the Sugar! How to Live a Vibrant, Energetic Life and Kick Diabetes to the Curb with Tursha’ Hamilton, ND.
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. Email your questions to: email@example.com.