I was intrigued by the title of Jeanine Staples’ Summit. She calls it HotHelp; I called my talk “Hot Hormones!” which fit right into Dr. Staples’ interests. She’s a remarkable woman, an Associate Professor of Literacy and Language, African American Studies, and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the Pennsylvania State University. The HotHelp Summit launches Oct 24, 2016, which is the date of my interview.
For my talk I asked the questions, “Have your hormones got you flashing and panicking? How do your adrenal glands, thyroid, and sex hormones work together and how can we keep them from getting stressed out? Did you know that stressed adrenal glands drain your body of magnesium and sodium and the B and C vitamins?”
Because of Jeanine’s background, believe me, we did not just cover the physical aspects of hormone balance. This is no ordinary summit! We talk about the anxiety around sexuality; the suppression of sexuality; and even the ongoing suppression of women in a patriarchal society.
The suppression women feel is very real, and in our results-oriented world, worthiness is a notion that is not discussed. When you aren’t healing as readily as you think you should, ask the question, “Do I feel worthy of being healed?” My answer is that by your very existence and your every breath means that you are worthy! I think of all the children from divorced families who feel abandoned and who layer that abandonment with other similar instances throughout their lives. That sets the stage for unworthiness.
We talked about the fate of health coaches and practitioners who drain themselves, thinking they have to “heal” their patients and clients. Many health coaches have gone through a health crisis themselves and learned ways to overcome their limitations and then they want to apply those methods to others. I caution coaches and practitioners to work with people, not “work on” people. I often tell clients that I’m not going to tell them what to do – too many people have accepted unhealthy advice and toxic prescriptions from doctors without questioning them. I want people to take responsibility for their health – you must ask questions and decide for yourself if something is working for you. Don’t fall into the trap of taking someone’s advice and then blaming them if it fails.
I didn’t get a chance to talk about this on the summit but beyond ReMag and ReMyte as necessary minerals for dealing with hormones and stress, here is my protocol for:
Breaking The Links With Illness And Grief
1. AFFIRMATION: A Small Property
I was a small property ravaged by a storm. The fine weather has returned. The forest and the river have become calm. The house is vibrant and shines in the sun. And above all, the field is returning to its order, health and beauty. Thank you my diseased and depleted organs, for I know you have done all this to save my whole being. And thanks to myself for doing my healing.
Repeat this 10 times, 3X/day To be repeated 10 times in the morning (before getting up), around lunch time for another 10 times; and 10 times at night (just before falling asleep) … To be repeated in a calm and relaxing atmosphere, in the darkness … To be verbalized with consciousness. Take the time to visualize and identify each symbol as clearly as possible. Write down any dreams that you remember!
2. To break the links to past illness and associations that hamper listen to the song “Time to Say Goodbye.”
3. Take the Bach Flower Remedy, Walnut, called The Link Breaker: Walnut affirmation: “I break all links that hinder my growth.” Dosage: 5-10 drops three times a day
Be sure and join Dr. Staples and all her guests on the free HotHelp Summit for much more than just the physical aspects of hormone health.
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®
1. Say Yes to Success Summit with Elizabeth Mary Hancock launches Oct 10, 2016. My talk is Oct 23rd.
2. Rewire Your Brain Summit with Marta Thall, runs from Oct 24th to Nov 5th. My talk is on Nov 1, 2016.
3. Hot Help Summit with Dr. Jeanine Staples launches Oct 24, 2016.
4. Cold Crush Summit with Dr. Jeanine Staples launches Nov 15, 2016.
5. Free and Fearless Mind: Change your Brain. Shift your Mind. Step into your Power, Joy & Purpose with Neuro Nutrition Therapist & Health Coach, Leah Lund launches Oct 31st.
6. Gut Health Turn Around Summit with Leah Kline launches Nov 1, 2016.
7. The Healthy Mom Summit with Hannah Hepworth launches Nov 7, 2016.
8. Better Beyond 50 Summit with Melissa Koerner launches Nov 21, 2016.
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.