Please join me on The Female Brain Summit with Maureen Garry. Maureen transformed her own life after age 50, leaving Silicon Valley in the dust, to become a nutrition coach and trainer. Her training as a clinical researcher helps her organize Female Brain Summits that are well worth tuning into and even investing in. Maureen’s personal investment in her Summits is to shine a light on Alzheimer’s after watching her mother suffer from this disease. Maureen and the guests on her Summit, show women how their lifestyle habits can reverse brain fog and increase cognitive clarity – and that it’s never too late to start.In our interview I mainly talked about magnesium since it’s such a huge topic. We touched on some of the following information that I have in my Magnesium Miracle book that applies to the brain. I thought I’d outline it here to show the importance of magnesium for your brain!
* Alzheimer’s disease: Magnesium blocks the neuroinflammation caused by the inappropriate deposition of calcium and other heavy metals in brain cells.
* Depression: Serotonin, a neurotransmitter that elevates mood, depends on magnesium for its production and function whether it’s made in the brain or in the gut. Dopamine, a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain‘s reward and pleasure centers utilizes magnesium in several steps in its biochemical pathway.
* Brain Allergies: A magnesium-deficient brain is also more susceptible to allergens and foreign substances, which in some instances can cause symptoms similar to mental illness.
* Migraine. Deficiency of serotonin can result in migraine headaches and depression. Serotonin depends on magnesium for proper balance. It is well known that IV and oral magnesium can treat and prevent migraine headaches.
* Parkinson’s disease: Dopamine deficiency results in Parkinson’s disease and magnesium is a required cofactor in the production of dopamine. Magnesium blocks the neuroinflammation caused by calcium deposits in the brain.
* Magnesium in the Brain: The highest concentrations are in the heart and brain cells, so it is no wonder that the major symptoms of magnesium deficiency affect the heart and brain. These are also the two organs that have considerable electrical activity, measured by EKG (electrocardiogram) and EEG (electroencephalogram).
* Anxiety: Is anxiety driven by brain hyperexcitability or adrenaline surges? It’s likely to be both. Neurons in constant firing mode can’t turn off because there is too little magnesium to repel calcium, which is the firing trigger. The neurons keep firing until the cell collapses. An important study in 1995 showed that even marginal magnesium deficiency could induce the brain to become hyperexcitable, as shown by EEG measurements.
* Neurotoxic aspartame: Aspartame is also an excitotoxin that reacts with specialized receptors in the brain, causing destruction of certain types of neurons. A growing number of neurosurgeons and neurologists are convinced that excitotoxins play a critical role in the development of migraines, seizures, learning disorders in children, and neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
I didn’t get a chance to talk about ReMag on the Summit but I want to emphasize that ReMag is the best-absorbed magnesium for the brain and for the whole body. It’s 100% absorbed at the cellular level because it exists as stabilized magnesium ions. ReMag, joined by the other formulas in my Total Body ReSet can be even more helpful in healing the brain.
Even though the above list is pretty overwhelming, there is much more to the Brain-Magnesium connection that I’ll cover in a future blog before my April 27, 28 interview. In the meantime, please sign up for The Female Brain Summit that launches Sunday, April 23, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern. Maureen is running each round for 48 hours, with an Encore Apr 29, 30.
Maureen, from her former life, realizes how busy we all are and she is putting special emphasis on making the Summit available to own. Anyone who opts in to purchase all the Summit interviews before Sunday the 23rd will have the pre-summit sale price of $47 available (vs. $77 during the summit and $169 after the summit ends). The digital recordings from last year’s summit, which also includes and interview with me, are available as a one-click bump for only $19.
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®
1. The Female Brain Summit with Maureen Garry begins Apr 23rd. My talk is on Apr 27, 28.
2. Natural Headache Solution Summit with Neurologist Dr. Suja Johnkutty begins April 24th. My talk is on May 18th.
3. Increase Your Energy Summit with Steph Jensen launches May 15.
4. Better Beyond 50 Bone Health Summit with Melissa Koerner begins in June with an interview and live Q&A sessions.
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. If you have any questions email: email@example.com.