I was happy to see a recent GreenMedInfo article called “7 Conditions Masquerading As Dementia.” The article began with the following “More than 40% of dementia diagnoses have been shown to be wrong.”
The article goes on to cite a study based on a new program at UCLA and the Buck Institute for Research on Aging where researchers have proven that natural therapies can not only slow the progress of dementia but can actually reverse it.
In the 2014 paper titled “Reversal Of Cognitive Decline: A Novel Therapeutic Program“ the lead researcher, Dr. Dale Bredesen found that “9 out of the 10 subjects diagnosed with dementia got their minds back.” The treatment is multidimentional quite unlike any drug or nutrient trial you have ever seen. It’s acomplex therapeutic program that includes changes in diet, brain stimulation, exercise, optimization of sleep, specific pharmaceuticals and vitamins, and multiple additional steps that affect brain chemistry.
A sample protocol for one patient in the study included:
Eliminating all simple carbohydrates;
Eliminating gluten and processed food;
Increasing vegetables, fruits, and non-farmed fish;
Reducing stress with yoga and meditation;
Taking melatonin each night;.
Increasing sleep from 4-5 hours per night to 7-8 hours per night;
Taking daily methylcobalamin (vitamin B12), vitamin D, CoQ10, and fish oil
Optimizing oral hygiene using an electric flosser and electric toothbrush;
Hormone replacement therapy;
Fasting for a minimum of 12 hours between dinner and breakfast;
Fasting for a minimum of three hours between dinner and bedtime; and
Exercising for a minimum of 30 minutes, 4-6 days per week.
Dr. Bredesen agrees that for the average American the program is complex but noted that the only side effect is “improved health and an optimal body mass index, a stark contrast to the side effects of many drugs.”
This approach is very close to the protocol that we recommend to our customers. (I do limit Vit D to 1-2,000iu per day and use Blue Ice Royal instead of fish oil.) I make the protocol easy to follow with our Completement Formulas. We see amazing successes every day as people improve their lifestyle and treat their nutritional deficiencies.
There are seven areas that Dr. Bredesen recommends you investigate and reverse before you accept a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s. I’ll list them along with supportive Completement Formulas.
- 1. Nutritional imbalances and deficiencies. ReMag, ReMyte, ReAline, ReStructure, RnA Drops, ReCalcia, Prescript Assist, Blue Ice Royal.
- Artificial food colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Use ReStructure before reaching for processed food or snacks.
- Prescription medication side effects. Use the Completement Formulas for nutrient deficiencies that can be misdiagnosed as diseases and treated with drugs.
- Inflammation from low-level infections, mold, food allergies, and Lyme Disease. The greatest immune system challenge is from yeast overgrowth that leaves a person susceptible to low-grade infections, food allergies, and cross reactions with mold.
- Stress and stagnation/inactivity. The magnesium in ReMag will help treat stress and inflammation and give you energy so that you will be able to exercise.
- Thyroid and other hormonal imbalances. ReMyte’s 9 thyroid-supporting minerals will help make natural thyroid hormones.
- Mercury and other heavy metal poisoning. ReMag, ReAline, and RnA Drops help detoxify heavy metals, including mercury.
A Dr. Bredesen says the magnitude of improvement in his subjects was unprecedented. You would think that every university clinic and hospital in the West would be clamoring for funds to run their own programs – but alas, alack, that didn’t happen and probably never will. You will just have to savor these results and use them for validation of your own Dementia Intervention or that of your family members. Such an intervention is entirely doable because I’ve made it easy for you to treat the nutritional deficiencies that can lead to the misdiagnosis of dementia.
You can find the Completement Formulas listed above on the RnA ReSet store.
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®
RESOURCES: Along the borders and in the links of my web site you can find my books, writings, and my call-in radio show. Email your questions to: email@example.com.