Think about it – you’re in the age group where you are likely multitasking like crazy.
- You’re working full time.
- Still taking care of teenager children
- And your husband
- Responsible for your ill and aging parents
- Making all the health care decisions in the family
And you can’t even get your husband to wash the dishes. OK, that may seem a bit harsh but I’ve interviewed enough women over the past 40 years to know that what I’m saying is mostly true. Or if you’re like me, you just do everything around the house so you don’t have to spend time and energy trying to “encourage” “the man of the house” to do his share.
What’s the upshot of all this? Your health suffers and you envision things only getting worse. I have a name for what’s going on – Total Body Meltdown.
- Losing sleep
- 16-hour days
- Being responsible for too many people
- No time to make meals
- Eating poorly on the run
All of this is bound to deplete your adrenals, your thyroid, your digestion, and your energy. The stress of pregnancy will create hypothyroidism and the stress of being up at night with young children will deplete your adrenals. With your adrenal and thyroid hormones taxed to the max, early menopause is a common result.
To top it all off you keep hearing about 50-year old men falling dead of a heart attack and pray that doesn’t happen to your husband. What can you do, besides take out another life insurance policy! Well, it turns out, there is a lot you can do, and it’s not that difficult. It basically involves taking ReMag – Magnesium and ReMyte – Multiple minerals – and possibly a few more dietary supplements to support the structure and function of your whole body.
I talk a lot about magnesium preventing the signs and symptoms of aging, but I would really love to reach women in your 40s and 50s when you are trying desperately to get through mid-life and have the opportunity to age! But I have the impression that you are much too busy to even listen to my radio shows and read my free eBooks, so I’m writing this blog in hopes that friends and family who see you burning the candle at both ends will pass it on to you because there is hope.
First, I have to lay out the problem so you can intellectually see its scope. You may find that looking this closely at your problems and potential problems is too uncomfortable. But, just like in Alcoholics Anonymous, you have to admit you have a problem before you can solve the problem. I’m asking you to face the possibility that you have 25% or up to 80% of the Total Body Meltdown that I’m talking about. Then – just know that – the worst is over – there are solutions for your problems and for all the people close to you!
The Layering Of Illness
The first years of my Toronto practice, from 1979 to 1985, were spent identifying hypoglycemia and allergies in my patients. I urged my patients to avoid sugar and stay away from their allergy triggers. This trend continued until the mid-80s when I began seeing patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Yeast Overgrowth.
Yeast evolved from overuse of antibiotics and a highly refined diet. Unbeknownst to most of the population, white flour and white sugar products – bread, donuts, bagels, cakes, and cookies – caused hypoglycemic episodes and were also feeding intestinal yeast. Along with CFS came adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. Each condition and symptom added another layer, and very few doctors grasped the larger picture.
In 1993, when I moved to Manhattan and was involved in AIDS and CFS research, most of my patients had many layers of infection indicating that yeast toxins had decimated the immune system. It wasn’t until the late 1990s that I realized that magnesium deficiency and yeast overgrowth were at the root of most chronic diseases. By the 2010s, early menopause, adrenal fatigue, and hypothyroidism became epidemic.
Total Body Meltdown is the obvious result of the progressive layers of all of these imbalances and co-infections remaining basically untreated in someone’s body. At first, I wondered if people might think me insensitive to talk about their Total Body Meltdown, but I’m happily surprised that it’s a term that everyone completely identifies with and feels accurately describes what they were going through.
Breaking Down The Layers
- Hypoglycemia – Caused by a diet high in sugar and simple carbs. SOLUTION: Stop Sugars and take ReMag to regulate your blood sugar.
- Allergies – Allergens and undigested food molecules enter the blood stream through a leaky gut. Nasal and sinus membranes are also irritated by yeast and cause inhaled allergies. SOLUTION: Use a Neti Pot described in my Future Health Now Encyclopedia. Research Yeast Overgrowth.
- Yeast overgrowth – From exposure to sugar and antibiotics causing a leaky gut. SOLUTION: Do a yeast detox outlined in ReSet The Yeast Connection.
- CFS – A combination of magnesium deficiency and yeast overgrowth caused by the Downward Spiral (see below). SOLUTION: ReMag and Yeast Detox.
- Fibromyalgia – A cousin of CFS but with more severe magnesium deficiency, causing symptoms of muscle spasms and trigger points. SOLUTION: ReMag and Yeast Detox.
- Hypothyroidism – Yeast toxins block thyroid hormone receptors and magnesium deficiency interferes with temperature regulation. Read my book Total Body ReSet for Your Thyroid. Take ReMyte, which has 9 minerals necessary for thyroid hormone production.
- Adrenal Fatigue – The stress of illness and misdiagnosis creates a level of PTSD in a person and contributes to an ongoing magnesium deficiency that makes the adrenals trigger-happy and depleted. Take sea salt in your drinking water. Take ReMag, ReMyte, ReAline, and Whole C ReSet.
The Downward Spiral
In a paper about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia that I wrote in 1988, I identified an ongoing downward spiral of health that has become epidemic and leads to these chronic diseases. It astounds me how many people say that this downward spiral mimics their health decline into Total Body Meltdown. Hopefully uncovering this scenario will allow you to understand why you are feeling symptoms of Total Body Meltdown as a combination of magnesium and mineral deficiency and yeast overgrowth. You will also see that drugs are not the answer to your symptoms – the solution is taking the Completement Formulas and doing Yeast Detoxification.
- Diaper rash, caused by Candida – YEAST
- Childhood immunizations – TOXINS
- Childhood ear infections – YEAST
- Colic due to antibiotics and soy formula – YEAST, ALLERGIES
- Dairy allergy – YEAST
- Tubes in the ears (anesthetic) – TOXINS, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Tonsillectomy (anesthetic) – TOXINS, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Gas and bloating (soy formula) – YEAST, ALLERGIES
- Eczema (cortisone creams) – YEAST
- Allergies to foods – LEAKY GUT, YEAST
- Asthma (corticosteroid inhalers) – YEAST
- Multiple colds and flus (more antibiotics) – YEAST, WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Annual flu vaccines containing mercury preservative – TOXINS
- Cravings for sweets – YEAST
- Dental cavities (mercury) – TOXINS
- Acne (antibiotics) – YEAST
- Mononucleosis – YEAST, WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Bladder infections (antibiotics) – YEAST
- Birth control pills – YEAST, B VITAMIN DEFICIENCY
- Pregnancy – YEAST, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, B VITAMIN DEFICIENCY, ZINC DEFICIENCY
- Chronic sleep deprivation and insomnia – MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Irritable bowel syndrome – YEAST, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Chronic sinus infections (antibiotics) – YEAST, WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Hypothyroidism – MINERAL DEFICIENCY
- Chronic fatigue & Fibromyalgia (more drugs) – TOXINS, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, YEAST
- Environmental allergies – YEAST
- Dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, infertility, PMS – MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Infertility (fertility drugs) – MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, TOXINS
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and palpitations are treated with antidepressants and psychotherapy – YEAST, MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
- Early menopause is medicated with synthetic hormones – MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, YEAST
NOTE: Every step of this spiral can be treated with drugs leading to multiple layers of side effects.
How does medicine define complex, multisystem conditions that I’m calling Total Body Meltdown? They throw them into the autoimmune bucket, or they blame your genes.
Medicine has a very limited understanding of autoimmune disease. One medical website says, “Your body’s immune system protects you from disease and infection. But if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake. Autoimmune diseases can affect many parts of the body. No one is sure what causes autoimmune diseases.”
The scary part about this statement is that nobody has a clue what causes autoimmune disease. Yet medical practitioners act like they know enough to treat it with a barrel-full of drugs.
Here’s my take on autoimmune disease. First of all, I don’t think the body attacks a “healthy self,” but it will attack a diseased self. So, you have to already be diseased or damaged to find yourself diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
Our amazing Radish Experiment comes to mind when I think of autoimmune disease and a “diseased self.” Click on the link above to see the webinar about RnA ReSet Drops and the video of our experiment using the “waste” product of the drops.
Our RnA ReSet Drops are squeezed out of a few hundred pounds of barley seeds that are germinated in huge rotating drums for several days. There’s a lot more going on, but that’s the basic process. The leftover barley sprouts when dried look and feel like straw. We call it “Mighty Mash,” and we’ve been experimenting with as a living fertilizer. The Radish Experiment consisted of digging the Mighty Mash into the soil and planting radish seeds. One plot used the Mash while the other had no additions. Both plots were watered daily. The Mash plot was also “watered” with Mash tea – Mash soaked in a drum of water that was sprayed onto the Mash plot twice a week.
On Day 25, both plots were harvested. The Mash plot produced 85 pounds of beautiful red radishes. The non-Mash plot only produced 3 pounds of radishes that passed inspection. The majority were wormy, small, and deformed!
Here’s what I realized from this experiment. Insects, worms, bacteria, and weeds are only programmed to “attack” weak, dying, or dead life forms. It’s their prime directive – to take out the trash. Humans, animals, and plants are surrounded by similar invaders and only succumb when they are in a weakened state. RnA ReSet Mash infused the radishes with life and energy and made them incompatible with the organisms looking to cull out the weak plants.
I say the same happens with humans. We weaken ourselves with a poor diet, bad lifestyle, and negative emotions and are told we have autoimmune disease. If we have the right building blocks from ReMag, ReMyte, and ReAline and an infusion of life force from RnA ReSet Drops, we are no longer victims to predators. To me, it’s that simple, and that’s why I created the Completement Formulas.
Even before the RnA ReSet Drops and the Radish Experiment, I knew that the 178 toxins from yeast could trigger autoimmune reactions by cross-reacting with body tissues. This fact was proven by immunologist Dr. Aristo Vojdani. Treating yeast overgrowth goes hand in hand with treating magnesium deficiency when overcoming autoimmune disease.
Looking For A Reason
When we fall ill, we spend a lot of time, energy, and money trying to find out what went wrong. It’s called “Looking for a Reason.” Finding out what’s wrong can turn off that question and allow us to get better, but not finding out can hamper our healing.
If you have a number of symptoms listed in the Downward Spiral, do you take each of your body parts to a different specialist? Or do you realize magnesium deficiency and yeast overgrowth could explain the underlying reason that you are ill?
I tell people all the time that what they have been told is heart disease may in fact be magnesium deficiency. The latter is much less scary because you know you can saturate your body with magnesium. Moreover, when your heart symptoms are alleviated, that confirms magnesium deficiency as the underlying cause.
Dozens of different health conditions share common symptoms, which again implicates magnesium deficiency and yeast overgrowth. In The Magnesium Miracle (2017), I listed 65 conditions that can be caused by magnesium deficiency but are misdiagnosed as medical conditions and treated with drugs and/or surgery. I’ve repeated that list in my free eBook Total Body Meltdown and the 65 Reasons Why.
Even if you have been diagnosed with one or more of these conditions, be mindful that you may simply have magnesium deficiency and yeast overgrowth. You can simply start with my FAQ on Magnesium and grow from there!
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future®