The Importance of Maintaining a Strong Immune System
Before you take silver for immune support, you need to understand why the immune system is so important. Your immune system has a very important role; it protects your body from harmful germs, cell modifications and substances that cause illness.
When your immune system runs the way it’s supposed to, you won’t even have to think about it. However, when the immune system fails to respond properly, you end up getting sick.
When the immune system isn’t working the way it was designed, your body can no longer fight off invaders and that leads to harmful changes to your body as foreign substances begin to take over.
Your body’s immune system was specifically designed to:
- Fight off disease-causing pathogens or germs, such as parasites, fungi and bacteria (your immune system should remove these pathogens from your body effectively).
- Fight off alterations to the body caused by diseases.
- Locate and neutralize any harmful substances coming from the environment.
Your body contains two subsystems in the immune system. One is known as the non-specific or innate immune system, while the other is specific — or adaptive. These two systems work closely together to fight off any harmful substance or germs that trigger an immune response. By maintaining a strong immune system, you ensure that your body can effectively fight off these invaders.
Benefits of Taking Silver for Immune Health
Silver is one of the earth’s natural minerals and it can help supercharge your immune system and help you live a healthier life. Research shows that silver can kill bacteria. It has even been effective at helping the body fight off antibiotic-resistant pathogens. It’s been estimated that silver might be able to kill more than 650 bacteria, parasites, fungi and molds, which could otherwise cause harm to the body.
Additionally, silver has shown in studies to aid wound healing and other various skin conditions. It also has the potential to generate ions at openly affected wounds, killing infectious microorganisms that cause disease. Silver may even encourage the growth of bone and tissue at an infection site.
That cellular repair process essentially speeds up the healing process of damaged tissue. In fact, a study by Pharmacognosy Communications in 2012 found that silver preparations are ideal for treating burns, periodontitis, thrush, eczema, psoriasis and other conditions.
Research also shows that silver has anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, nanocrystalline silver-derived solutions offer even more anti-inflammatory and pro-healing properties.
How Does Taking Silver for Your Immune System Work?
So, what is silver for immune support? and how does it help your immune system? Among the other silver metal health benefits we’ve discussed, there are further reasons to use silver.
First, studies show that among the benefits of drinking silver are its ability to stop viruses. Silver in supplements provides a suspension of the metallic mineral that interferes with enzymes, typically enabling viruses, fungi and bacteria to receive oxygen.
Basically, a liquid silver supplement can suffocate and kill the destructive pathogens.
One study in 2011 looked at silver’s effects on children under the age of 12 who were suffering from the common cold. These kids were broken down into two groups — one that was treated with a silver and beta-glucan solution, and another that was given a simple saline solution. This study showed both groups benefiting from treatment, but ninety percent of the silver participants completely recovered.
One of the other reasons to use silver for immune system support is to fight back against pneumonia and bronchitis. More research shows that silver can fight these ailments when taken orally.
Colloidal Silver vs. Liquid Silver for Immune System Support
Colloidal silver uses a system of small particles, or colloids, that are evenly dispersed within a liquid, typically water. The problem is, each colloid can differ greatly in terms of molecular structure, colloid size, stability, purity and concentration, making it difficult to know what you are getting.
It’s just like almost anything else you buy, like food. Sure, meat is meta, but there are all kinds of factors that determine the quality of that cut of meat —is it organic? is it from free-range animals? was it ever frozen? Anyone who cares about what they put in their body wants to know those things.
And when it comes to colloidal supplements, one of the biggest factors that determine quality is the size of each particle: smaller colloids often means a higher-quality and more consistent product.
It’s important to reiterate the fact these colloids are often dispersed in a liquid, like water. But, at a certain point, the particles are small enough that they become completely soluble.
And that brings us to the question of what is liquid silver, as it relates to supplements? Sure, it’s any silver mineral that you take to boost the immune system, but, like we’ve pointed out, not all silver supplements are the same. It’s important to know the size of the colloids in any supplement you take.
To reap all the liquid silver supplement benefits, you should choose one that’s 100 percent soluble.
Additional Ways to Support Your Immune System
Aside from taking silver for immune support, you want to do everything possible to give your system the boost it needs. Here are a few other natural steps you can take to ensure you feel your best:
- Get plenty of sleep: Studies show that adults sleeping less than six hours a night are more likely to catch a cold than those getting more rest.
- Eat whole plant foods: The fiber found in plants feed the gut microbiome. This healthy bacteria community is located in your gut. Studies show a healthy gut microbiome helps the immune system by reducing the harmful pathogens that enter the body through the digestive tract.
- Eat more healthy fats: Additionally, the healthy fats found in foods like salmon and olive oil can also boost your immune response to pathogens by decreasing various forms of inflammation. The body regularly deals with low-level inflammation, especially after an injury or during stress. However, chronic inflammation has been shown in studies to suppress the immune system.
- Limit sugars: Added sugars and a diet high in refined carbs can cause obesity, which increases your chance of getting sick. One study of about 1,000 people who got a flu vaccine showed that those who were obese were twice as likely to get the flu as those who were a healthy weight.
- Get regular exercise: Research shows that moderate exercise boosts the effectiveness of vaccines, even in participants with a compromised immune system. Exercise can also reduce inflammation and help immune cells regenerate normally. Consider walking, jogging, hiking, swimming or biking for 150 minutes every week.
Why Your Immune System is More Important Now Than Ever Before
In 2020, people suddenly became more aware of the importance of their immune system. Whether it is taking silver for immune support or doing more activities to boost your immune system naturally, it’s vital — now, more than ever — you do everything you can to remain healthy.
It’s proven the immune system is your body’s natural defense system. The complicated network of organs, tissues and cells that make up the immune system are all working together to keep invaders out of your body. So, whether it’s bacteria, fungus, parasites or viruses you want protection from, it’s essential that your body does its job to ensure you remain healthy and illness-free.