From the Desk of Carolyn Dean MD ND
Autoimmune disease is increasing at a rate of 4-9% every year world-wide. All autoimmune diseases combined affects about 3% of the US population, thus approximately 10 million people.
Here’s the definition of autoimmune disease:
Conditions where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy body cells.
Why does a perfectly healthy body attack itself? Well actually, it doesn’t. It attacks body cells and tissues that have been set up to fail.
Here’s what I mean. The body can’t attack a “healthy self.” It will attack a diseased, deficient, and damaged self. So, you have to already be diseased or damaged to find yourself diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
The hidden truth behind most autoimmune conditions that many allopathic and integrative practitioners fail to recognize is these conditions are sustained by end-stage mineral deficiencies (mostly magnesium) and yeast overgrowth. Added to that is a buildup of toxicity that can’t be cleared because of mineral deficiencies. My label for this set of circumstances is Total Body Meltdown and treatment in is based on replacing missing nutrients and treating yeast overgrowth.
Unfortunately, allopathic medicine doesn’t have a clue what causes autoimmune disease and they admit it. Yet medical practitioners act like they know enough to treat it with a barrel-full of drugs. Often those drugs, like steroids cause more problems, especially yeast overgrowth.
Let’s delve a little more into what constitutes a “diseased self which I call Total Body Meltdown.
The Chronology for Total Body Meltdown
- Diaper rash, caused by Candida albicans (yeast), is mistakenly treated with cortisone creams, which encourage further growth of the yeast.
- Childhood ear infections can begin at birth as yeast infections picked up from the mother during delivery. Most ear infections are treated with antibiotics.
- Ear infections may become chronic and require multiple courses of antibiotics, leading to diarrhea and intestinal yeast infections.
- Anesthetics used in surgery to place tubes in the ears add another toxin, including fluoride anesthetics that can bind with and deplete magnesium.
- Colic can develop due to antibiotics.
- Inability to digest milk due to an irritated bowel leads to frequent changes of formula and further irritation.
- Gas and bloating can result from hard-to-digest soy formula.
- Eczema, aggravated by food sensitivity, is suppressed with cortisone creams.
- Allergies to foods, especially yeast, wheat, and dairy, can arise from poor digestion.
- Asthma, which may be environmental, is treated with medications including corticosteroid inhalers.
- Multiple colds and flus are mistreated with many courses of antibiotics.
- Annual flu vaccines contain mercury preservative.
- Cravings for sweets can be caused by yeast overgrowth and may cause or aggravate hyperactive behavior in children.
- Dental cavities lead to multiple mercury amalgam fillings. Toxic mercury vapor may be inhaled or absorbed, disrupting enzymes in the brain, kidneys, and liver.
- Allergic reactions are treated with allergy shots, antihistamines, and cortisone sprays.
- Many adolescents take long-term oral antibiotics for acne.
- Many teens and young adults develop mononucleosis, and up to 20 percent never feel quite as healthy again.
- Bladder infections are treated with antibiotics, which cause yeast infections.
- Birth control pills cause chronic vaginal yeast infections, which are mistreated with antibiotic creams.
- Pregnancy hormones encourage vaginal yeast infections.
- Chronic sleep deprivation is common in all parents of small children and is a major stress on the immune system.
- Irritable bowel syndrome can develop after a bout of diarrhea (attributed to traveler’s diarrhea or food poisoning) and is usually treated with antibiotics.
- Chronic sinus infections (97 percent are fungal, according to the Mayo Clinic) occur due to lowered immune system and are mistakenly treated with antibiotics.
- Hypothyroidism often occurs but remains undiagnosed and untreated – due to yeast toxins blocking thyroid tissue and lack of the 9 minerals that produce thyroid hormones.
- Hospitalization for infections or surgery usually warrants intravenous antibiotics and a host of other drugs.
- Major colds and flus can lead to bronchitis and pneumonia, which are treated with strong antibiotics including fluoride drugs that bind and deplete magnesium.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia are treated with anti-inflammatories, sleeping pills, and antidepressants.
- Environmental allergies with extreme sensitivities to inhalants, especially perfumes, colognes, household products, pesticides, and molds, are treated with corticosteroid inhalers.
- Dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, infertility, and worsening premenstrual symptoms occur due to a buildup of toxins and lack of nutrients.
- Infertility is treated with an array of synthetic hormonal drugs.
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and palpitations are treated with antidepressants and psychotherapy.
- Menopause is medicated with synthetic hormones.
I’m afraid the list is a bit daunting but most people who feel unwell have experienced some degree of this downward spiral. Whereas allopathic medicine will say they don’t understand the cause of most of these conditions, I say that magnesium is depleted in every step of this scenario and results in a total body burden of drugs, toxins, and various stressors. Additionally, yeast toxins build as yeast overgrowth expands.
Knowing the Cause
Knowing the cause of Total Body Meltdown and therefore autoimmune disease means we have an opportunity to fortify the body and strengthen the microbiome.
Let me tackle the root cause from another angle. Our amazing Radish Experiment comes to mind. Click on the link to see a presentation of our experiment using the “waste” product of the drops.
Our RnA ReSet Drops® are squeezed out of a few hundred pounds of barley seeds that are germinated in huge rotating drums for several days. There’s a lot more going on, but that’s the basic process. The leftover barley sprouts, when dried, look and feel like straw. We call it “Mighty Mash,” and we’ve been experimenting with it as a living fertilizer.
The Radish Experiment consisted of digging the Mighty Mash into the soil and planting radish seeds. One plot used the Mash while the other had no additions. Both plots were watered daily. The Mash plot was also “watered” with Mash tea – Mash soaked in a drum of water that was sprayed onto the Mash plot twice a week.
On Day 25, both plots were harvested. The Mash plot produced 85 pounds of beautiful bright red radishes. The non-Mash plot only produced 3 pounds of radishes that passed inspection. The majority were wormy, small, and deformed!
Here’s what I gleaned from this experiment. Insects, worms, bacteria, and weeds are only programmed to “attack” weak, dying, or dead life forms. It’s their prime directive – to take out the trash. Humans, animals, and plants are surrounded by similar invaders and only succumb when they are in a weakened state. The Mighty Mash infused the radishes with life and energy and made them incompatible with the organisms looking to cull out the weak plants.
I say the same happens with humans. We weaken ourselves with a poor diet, bad lifestyle, and negative emotions and are told we have autoimmune disease. If we have the right building blocks from picometer minerals and food-based vitamins and an infusion of life force from RnA ReSet Drops®, we are no longer victims to predators. To me, it’s that simple, and that’s why I created the Completement Formulas.
Even before the Radish Experiment, I knew that the 78 toxins from yeast could trigger autoimmune reactions by cross-reacting with body tissues. This fact was proven by immunologist Dr. Aristo Vojdani. The first cross-reactivity Dr. Vojdani found was with the thyroid leading to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Treating yeast overgrowth goes hand in hand with treating magnesium deficiency when overcoming autoimmune disease. My recommendations for yeast overgrowth include a gentle antifungal/probiotic called Saccharomyces bourlardii, humic/fulvic acids, and picometer silver.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the other nutrients that support the immune system and cellular health and help us prevent and overcome autoimmune disease. They would include:
Picometer multiple minerals – 9 that make thyroid hormones.
Vitamin D3 and K2
Vitamins A and E
Vitamin C – Whole Food and Ascorbic acid
Vitamin B complex methylated and whole food
L’methionine as a precursor to glutathione
L’taurine for balancing bile flow
Carolyn Dean MD ND
The Doctor of the Future